Step 2: Setting Up Your Blog
91% of people who use this guide are able to create their own blog in less than 16 minutes, with zero additional help.
Now Follow The Steps Below
You’ll have a blog in no time (I can do it in about five minutes):
1. Either click the orange button above or go to problogbuilders.com/bluehost to get your $3.49 per month special rate at Bluehost and click ‘Get Started’:
2. Select your plan. For new bloggers, I recommend the ‘Basic' Plan
3. Enter the domain name you would like for your blog. If it isn't available you can enter another option of go with one of the suggested domains.
4. Once you have a domain that's available, left click the blue “Next” button to visit the registration page where you will create your account by entering your payment details:
5. Then choose your hosting package by selecting the “Basic 12 month” option and un-ticking the boxes highlighted below:
6. The last action on this screen is to add your payment information, check the “Terms and Conditions” box highlighted below and hit “Submit”.
7. Shortly after your account has been set up, you will receive an email from BlueHost confirming your account has been set up. It will also contain the password you need to use to log in to your account.
8. That's the hard part done! We can now install our blogging platform of choice…WordPress. Simply click the “Home” menu item, scroll down and click “Install WordPress”
9. On the next page, click the green “Start” button to start the install
10. Select your domain name from the drop-down list
11. Complete the details as follows, adding your own information. Remember to jot down your Username & Password:
12. You will then see a progress bar indicating that WordPress is being installed…this should take a couple of seconds.
THAT'S IT – YOU ARE NOW THE PROUD OWNER OF A BRAND NEW WORDPRESS BLOG
STEP 3 WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO LOG IN AND START BLOGGING
Guarantee: If you can’t get your blog online within 20 minutes by following this guide, I’ll complete the process for you. And, I won’t charge you a thing. Bluehost compensates me in this situation so that you don’t have to. Contact me here if you need me.